Another cool event last week was the reception Wednesday night for Emerge Massachusetts, at the home of Barbara Lee. Emerge MA trains Democratic women to run for, win and hold political office. With chapters in eleven states, Emerge America, through its candidate training programs and network of supporters, works to address the under-representation of women voted into local, state and federal office. The event attracted Beacon Hill movers and shakers Steve Grossman, Suzanne Bump and Alice Wolfe, Somerville’s own Bob Massie, and a solid group of alumna, friends and supporters. During remarks by Christine Jahnke, a nationally renowned speech coach and author of The Well-Spoken Woman, we all adjusting our stances, and mimicking gestures to use while standing behind a lectern and trying to be ourselves. A heady mix of brilliant conversation and high-minded political gossip, cocktails, framed by Ms. Lee’s beloved collection of contemporary art, the annual Emerge reception is the see and be seen salon for progressive Massachusetts Democrats.
- This is actually ok because it won't be a flood - the next time it'll be fire #Jamesbaldwin twitter.com/npr/status/898…tweeted 4 days ago
- Robert E. Lee is a LOSER!tweeted 4 days ago
- File under #alternativefacts twitter.com/realdonaldtrum…tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Is there anyway we can bring back my favorite Kenyan? thehill.com/homenews/admin…tweeted 1 month ago
- RT @amlibraries: Today we're asking the @FCC to protect #NetNeutrality. You can too - visit ala.org/advocacy/july-… for more info. Help us…tweeted 1 month ago