In a conversation overheard this morning at the gym, this was the new name given to the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System tests that every public school student takes every year. Testing and standards are essential to education, but with high stakes testing the tail ends up wagging the dog. One of the most powerful factors in a child’s education is his or her family’s socio-economic status. Why is it that current discussion is about the achievement gap, and not about the income gap?
- This is actually ok because it won't be a flood - the next time it'll be fire #Jamesbaldwin twitter.com/npr/status/898…tweeted 4 days ago
- Robert E. Lee is a LOSER!tweeted 4 days ago
- File under #alternativefacts twitter.com/realdonaldtrum…tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Is there anyway we can bring back my favorite Kenyan? thehill.com/homenews/admin…tweeted 1 month ago
- RT @amlibraries: Today we're asking the @FCC to protect #NetNeutrality. You can too - visit ala.org/advocacy/july-… for more info. Help us…tweeted 1 month ago