In a conversation overheard this morning at the gym, this was the new name given to the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System tests that every public school student takes every year. Testing and standards are essential to education, but with high stakes testing the tail ends up wagging the dog. One of the most powerful factors in a child’s education is his or her family’s socio-economic status. Why is it that current discussion is about the achievement gap, and not about the income gap?
- Vlad rates the Lincoln bedroom for sure - when do we get to stop trying to be so great? #resist because it’s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…tweeted 1 day ago
- I just published “Help Defeat the Evil Black Swallow Wart with Green & Open Somerville and the Community Growing…” medium.com/p/help-defeat-…tweeted 1 day ago
- I just published “Patalano or Ryan for Middlesex DA — Undecided? Find Out More This Saturday” medium.com/p/patalano-or-…tweeted 2 days ago
- Doesn’t this make the #NRA a front for the #KGB? twitter.com/davidhogg111/s…tweeted 3 days ago
- RT @theimproper: If craft beverages and exquisite food is your ‘thing,’ you’re in luck. The @TasteofSomervil kicks off June 13th and we hav…tweeted 1 month ago