In a conversation overheard this morning at the gym, this was the new name given to the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System tests that every public school student takes every year. Testing and standards are essential to education, but with high stakes testing the tail ends up wagging the dog. One of the most powerful factors in a child’s education is his or her family’s socio-economic status. Why is it that current discussion is about the achievement gap, and not about the income gap?
- Closing the Books on 2017 swbremer.wordpress.com/2018/01/12/clo…tweeted 1 month ago
- Will sleep better tonight #arewegreatyet twitter.com/bostondotcom/s…tweeted 4 months ago
- @BobMcWatters? twitter.com/brenton_stewar…tweeted 5 months ago
- Gridlock in #UnionSquare #Somerville so much for improved #trafficflow #webster #twowaytweeted 5 months ago
- Sign me up! Maybe next year there'll be a MOOC that does a deep dive into #democracy in #America. #AWGY twitter.com/edxonline/stat…tweeted 5 months ago