In a conversation overheard this morning at the gym, this was the new name given to the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System tests that every public school student takes every year. Testing and standards are essential to education, but with high stakes testing the tail ends up wagging the dog. One of the most powerful factors in a child’s education is his or her family’s socio-economic status. Why is it that current discussion is about the achievement gap, and not about the income gap?
- RT @coolmcjazz: All hail David Ortiz! "Immigrants. They get the job done." https://t.co/2xpX3oQ2aItweeted 23 hours ago
- @notinmy I worked for a library director who refused FBI agents demand for computer records'cause they didn't have a warrant.tweeted 1 week ago
- Drag queens & librarians - two type of people you don't want to mess with. twitter.com/notinmy/status…tweeted 1 week ago
- When 20 Becomes 6 It’s Time to Drain the Swamp swbremer.wordpress.com/2017/05/22/whe…tweeted 1 month ago
- Not to mention screwing up the world twitter.com/thehill/status…tweeted 1 month ago