I ran for mayor. Yup. Got tired of talked & decided it was time to do some doing. Went down to city hall & “pulled papers”, which is the technical term for taking out nomination papers, had 300 of my closest friends/registered voters sign ’em, and then before you could say zippity-do-da, I was on the ballot. Had bumper stickers, lawn signs, a committee to elect, raised money, talked with reporters, made speeches, kissed babies & petted dogs – the whole nine yards. And you know what? I walked away with about 20% of the vote and a lingering taste for politicking.
- This is actually ok because it won't be a flood - the next time it'll be fire #Jamesbaldwin twitter.com/npr/status/898…tweeted 4 days ago
- Robert E. Lee is a LOSER!tweeted 4 days ago
- File under #alternativefacts twitter.com/realdonaldtrum…tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Is there anyway we can bring back my favorite Kenyan? thehill.com/homenews/admin…tweeted 1 month ago
- RT @amlibraries: Today we're asking the @FCC to protect #NetNeutrality. You can too - visit ala.org/advocacy/july-… for more info. Help us…tweeted 1 month ago