I ran for mayor. Yup. Got tired of talked & decided it was time to do some doing. Went down to city hall & “pulled papers”, which is the technical term for taking out nomination papers, had 300 of my closest friends/registered voters sign ’em, and then before you could say zippity-do-da, I was on the ballot. Had bumper stickers, lawn signs, a committee to elect, raised money, talked with reporters, made speeches, kissed babies & petted dogs – the whole nine yards. And you know what? I walked away with about 20% of the vote and a lingering taste for politicking.
- Closing the Books on 2017 swbremer.wordpress.com/2018/01/12/clo…tweeted 1 month ago
- Will sleep better tonight #arewegreatyet twitter.com/bostondotcom/s…tweeted 4 months ago
- @BobMcWatters? twitter.com/brenton_stewar…tweeted 5 months ago
- Gridlock in #UnionSquare #Somerville so much for improved #trafficflow #webster #twowaytweeted 5 months ago
- Sign me up! Maybe next year there'll be a MOOC that does a deep dive into #democracy in #America. #AWGY twitter.com/edxonline/stat…tweeted 5 months ago