I ran for mayor. Yup. Got tired of talked & decided it was time to do some doing. Went down to city hall & “pulled papers”, which is the technical term for taking out nomination papers, had 300 of my closest friends/registered voters sign ’em, and then before you could say zippity-do-da, I was on the ballot. Had bumper stickers, lawn signs, a committee to elect, raised money, talked with reporters, made speeches, kissed babies & petted dogs – the whole nine yards. And you know what? I walked away with about 20% of the vote and a lingering taste for politicking.
- RT @coolmcjazz: All hail David Ortiz! "Immigrants. They get the job done." https://t.co/2xpX3oQ2aItweeted 23 hours ago
- @notinmy I worked for a library director who refused FBI agents demand for computer records'cause they didn't have a warrant.tweeted 1 week ago
- Drag queens & librarians - two type of people you don't want to mess with. twitter.com/notinmy/status…tweeted 1 week ago
- When 20 Becomes 6 It’s Time to Drain the Swamp swbremer.wordpress.com/2017/05/22/whe…tweeted 1 month ago
- Not to mention screwing up the world twitter.com/thehill/status…tweeted 1 month ago