I ran for mayor. Yup. Got tired of talked & decided it was time to do some doing. Went down to city hall & “pulled papers”, which is the technical term for taking out nomination papers, had 300 of my closest friends/registered voters sign ’em, and then before you could say zippity-do-da, I was on the ballot. Had bumper stickers, lawn signs, a committee to elect, raised money, talked with reporters, made speeches, kissed babies & petted dogs – the whole nine yards. And you know what? I walked away with about 20% of the vote and a lingering taste for politicking.
- RT @ashleymloftin: RT if you're an adult who uses the library. twitter.com/andrejpwalker/…tweeted 3 weeks ago
- RT @sunlitlibrary: RT if you still go to libraries. twitter.com/andrejpwalker/…tweeted 3 weeks ago
- Will sleep better tonight #arewegreatyet twitter.com/bostondotcom/s…tweeted 1 month ago
- @BobMcWatters? twitter.com/brenton_stewar…tweeted 2 months ago
- Gridlock in #UnionSquare #Somerville so much for improved #trafficflow #webster #twowaytweeted 2 months ago