Excited by the HRC’s report on the Democratic candidates’ stand on GLBT issues? Don’t be. No president – even a Democratic one (remember Bill “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell/Defense of Marriage Act” Clinton?) is going to magically fix everything. Gay rights come from the state house and the court house, not the White House. Most anti-gay measures come out of state legislatures. Boycott the national candidates. Support friendly local candidates – the alderman, the state rep, the school committee member. Your money and your time will mean more to them then the nationals. And, eventually, when it’s safe, the big dogs will really support us.
- RT @coolmcjazz: All hail David Ortiz! "Immigrants. They get the job done." https://t.co/2xpX3oQ2aItweeted 23 hours ago
- @notinmy I worked for a library director who refused FBI agents demand for computer records'cause they didn't have a warrant.tweeted 1 week ago
- Drag queens & librarians - two type of people you don't want to mess with. twitter.com/notinmy/status…tweeted 1 week ago
- When 20 Becomes 6 It’s Time to Drain the Swamp swbremer.wordpress.com/2017/05/22/whe…tweeted 1 month ago
- Not to mention screwing up the world twitter.com/thehill/status…tweeted 1 month ago