Excited by the HRC’s report on the Democratic candidates’ stand on GLBT issues? Don’t be. No president – even a Democratic one (remember Bill “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell/Defense of Marriage Act” Clinton?) is going to magically fix everything. Gay rights come from the state house and the court house, not the White House. Most anti-gay measures come out of state legislatures. Boycott the national candidates. Support friendly local candidates – the alderman, the state rep, the school committee member. Your money and your time will mean more to them then the nationals. And, eventually, when it’s safe, the big dogs will really support us.
- Closing the Books on 2017 swbremer.wordpress.com/2018/01/12/clo…tweeted 1 month ago
- Will sleep better tonight #arewegreatyet twitter.com/bostondotcom/s…tweeted 4 months ago
- @BobMcWatters? twitter.com/brenton_stewar…tweeted 5 months ago
- Gridlock in #UnionSquare #Somerville so much for improved #trafficflow #webster #twowaytweeted 5 months ago
- Sign me up! Maybe next year there'll be a MOOC that does a deep dive into #democracy in #America. #AWGY twitter.com/edxonline/stat…tweeted 5 months ago