Excited by the HRC’s report on the Democratic candidates’ stand on GLBT issues? Don’t be. No president – even a Democratic one (remember Bill “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell/Defense of Marriage Act” Clinton?) is going to magically fix everything. Gay rights come from the state house and the court house, not the White House. Most anti-gay measures come out of state legislatures. Boycott the national candidates. Support friendly local candidates – the alderman, the state rep, the school committee member. Your money and your time will mean more to them then the nationals. And, eventually, when it’s safe, the big dogs will really support us.
- This is actually ok because it won't be a flood - the next time it'll be fire #Jamesbaldwin twitter.com/npr/status/898…tweeted 4 days ago
- Robert E. Lee is a LOSER!tweeted 4 days ago
- File under #alternativefacts twitter.com/realdonaldtrum…tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Is there anyway we can bring back my favorite Kenyan? thehill.com/homenews/admin…tweeted 1 month ago
- RT @amlibraries: Today we're asking the @FCC to protect #NetNeutrality. You can too - visit ala.org/advocacy/july-… for more info. Help us…tweeted 1 month ago