…that Barney Frank came out in the pages of the Boston Globe. Smart, funny, tenecious, Congressman Frank has represents the ubber liberal 4th Massachusetts district. At the time (May 1987), the Globe wrote that “Frank appeared to have foreclosed his candidacy for a leadership role in Congress.” Currently he is chairman of the House Financial Services Committee. Living in these post Will & Grace times, it may be hard to imagine how hardcoming out was twenty years ago. Or not – Barney Frank is one of only two openly gay members of Congress. Being gay can get you fired from your job. Being gay means having to remember that someone who says that they’re “pro-family” they’re anti-your family. We have a long way to go. Fortunately, we have Barney Frank’s humor, hard work and intelligence to help us get there.
- @BobMcWatters? twitter.com/brenton_stewar…tweeted 6 days ago
- Gridlock in #UnionSquare #Somerville so much for improved #trafficflow #webster #twowaytweeted 6 days ago
- Sign me up! Maybe next year there'll be a MOOC that does a deep dive into #democracy in #America. #AWGY twitter.com/edxonline/stat…tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Hang in @TheChristinaKim - u r a rockstar! twitter.com/thechristinaki…tweeted 3 weeks ago
- This is actually ok because it won't be a flood - the next time it'll be fire #Jamesbaldwin twitter.com/npr/status/898…tweeted 1 month ago