Not often, but sometimes, television gets it right. Under normal circumstances, I’d be a work and Sammy’d be at school now, but yesterday, after lunch, he lay down beside me as I was reading the paper on the couch and took a nap. He hasn’t napped for years – so we knew he wasn’t well. This morning he was flush and feverish so phone calls were made, medicine dispensed, and he was tucked into the couch, in front of the flickering images of the local public television station. Love was the lesson of the day on Sesame Street. In the world of Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch, love is about hugs and hearts, flowers and holding hands. When two worms, Slimey and Glowey, fell in love they wanted to be shot out of Slimey’s circus cannon together. Living in love is like being shot out of cannon. There’s a loud, exciting beginning, you don’t know exactly where you’ll land, or what you’ll pass along the way, but you’re together, sharing along, unforgettable ride.
- Vlad rates the Lincoln bedroom for sure - when do we get to stop trying to be so great? #resist because it’s… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…tweeted 1 day ago
- I just published “Help Defeat the Evil Black Swallow Wart with Green & Open Somerville and the Community Growing…” medium.com/p/help-defeat-…tweeted 1 day ago
- I just published “Patalano or Ryan for Middlesex DA — Undecided? Find Out More This Saturday” medium.com/p/patalano-or-…tweeted 2 days ago
- Doesn’t this make the #NRA a front for the #KGB? twitter.com/davidhogg111/s…tweeted 3 days ago
- RT @theimproper: If craft beverages and exquisite food is your ‘thing,’ you’re in luck. The @TasteofSomervil kicks off June 13th and we hav…tweeted 1 month ago