Can you imagine what would happen if parents were allowed to pick and choose exactly what is taught in public schools? What a hash it would make of education if every parent could trot out their own personal hobby horse to mold the curriculum. The world is flat, mice have no bones, the mere mention of same sex families undermines civilization…As Chief Judge Mark L. Wolf of US District Court pointed out yesterday, by law, public schools are “entitled to teach anything that is reasonably related to the goals of preparing students to become engaged and productive citizens in our democracy.” What motivates parents who object to their children learning about different families? What fuels their fear?
- Closing the Books on 2017 swbremer.wordpress.com/2018/01/12/clo…tweeted 1 month ago
- Will sleep better tonight #arewegreatyet twitter.com/bostondotcom/s…tweeted 4 months ago
- @BobMcWatters? twitter.com/brenton_stewar…tweeted 5 months ago
- Gridlock in #UnionSquare #Somerville so much for improved #trafficflow #webster #twowaytweeted 5 months ago
- Sign me up! Maybe next year there'll be a MOOC that does a deep dive into #democracy in #America. #AWGY twitter.com/edxonline/stat…tweeted 5 months ago