Can you imagine what would happen if parents were allowed to pick and choose exactly what is taught in public schools? What a hash it would make of education if every parent could trot out their own personal hobby horse to mold the curriculum. The world is flat, mice have no bones, the mere mention of same sex families undermines civilization…As Chief Judge Mark L. Wolf of US District Court pointed out yesterday, by law, public schools are “entitled to teach anything that is reasonably related to the goals of preparing students to become engaged and productive citizens in our democracy.” What motivates parents who object to their children learning about different families? What fuels their fear?
- RT @coolmcjazz: All hail David Ortiz! "Immigrants. They get the job done." https://t.co/2xpX3oQ2aItweeted 23 hours ago
- @notinmy I worked for a library director who refused FBI agents demand for computer records'cause they didn't have a warrant.tweeted 1 week ago
- Drag queens & librarians - two type of people you don't want to mess with. twitter.com/notinmy/status…tweeted 1 week ago
- When 20 Becomes 6 It’s Time to Drain the Swamp swbremer.wordpress.com/2017/05/22/whe…tweeted 1 month ago
- Not to mention screwing up the world twitter.com/thehill/status…tweeted 1 month ago