Yesterday explosions at two markets in Baghdad killed 67 people and wounded 155. There was no mention of the bombings on the front page of today’s Boston Globe. Marketplace bombings in Baghdad have become so common that reports of them are tucked inside and below the fold. It is a sign of brokenness, of the deep, unspeakable tragedy of this war, when the largest marketplace in the capital of the country that our army occupiesexplodes and major metropolitan newspapers don’t consider the event front page news.
- RT @coolmcjazz: All hail David Ortiz! "Immigrants. They get the job done." https://t.co/2xpX3oQ2aItweeted 5 days ago
- @notinmy I worked for a library director who refused FBI agents demand for computer records'cause they didn't have a warrant.tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Drag queens & librarians - two type of people you don't want to mess with. twitter.com/notinmy/status…tweeted 2 weeks ago
- When 20 Becomes 6 It’s Time to Drain the Swamp swbremer.wordpress.com/2017/05/22/whe…tweeted 1 month ago
- Not to mention screwing up the world twitter.com/thehill/status…tweeted 1 month ago