Yesterday explosions at two markets in Baghdad killed 67 people and wounded 155. There was no mention of the bombings on the front page of today’s Boston Globe. Marketplace bombings in Baghdad have become so common that reports of them are tucked inside and below the fold. It is a sign of brokenness, of the deep, unspeakable tragedy of this war, when the largest marketplace in the capital of the country that our army occupiesexplodes and major metropolitan newspapers don’t consider the event front page news.
- @BobMcWatters? twitter.com/brenton_stewar…tweeted 6 days ago
- Gridlock in #UnionSquare #Somerville so much for improved #trafficflow #webster #twowaytweeted 6 days ago
- Sign me up! Maybe next year there'll be a MOOC that does a deep dive into #democracy in #America. #AWGY twitter.com/edxonline/stat…tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Hang in @TheChristinaKim - u r a rockstar! twitter.com/thechristinaki…tweeted 3 weeks ago
- This is actually ok because it won't be a flood - the next time it'll be fire #Jamesbaldwin twitter.com/npr/status/898…tweeted 1 month ago