Yesterday explosions at two markets in Baghdad killed 67 people and wounded 155. There was no mention of the bombings on the front page of today’s Boston Globe. Marketplace bombings in Baghdad have become so common that reports of them are tucked inside and below the fold. It is a sign of brokenness, of the deep, unspeakable tragedy of this war, when the largest marketplace in the capital of the country that our army occupiesexplodes and major metropolitan newspapers don’t consider the event front page news.
- As the Tufts PILOT agreement is about to expire, Medford and Somerville activists are jointly campaigning for a bet… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…tweeted 1 day ago
- Closing the Books on 2017 swbremer.wordpress.com/2018/01/12/clo…tweeted 2 months ago
- Will sleep better tonight #arewegreatyet twitter.com/bostondotcom/s…tweeted 5 months ago
- @BobMcWatters? twitter.com/brenton_stewar…tweeted 6 months ago
- Gridlock in #UnionSquare #Somerville so much for improved #trafficflow #webster #twowaytweeted 6 months ago